The Singapore Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council announced on 23 November 2018 that the SS 616:2016 Code of Practice for safe use of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWP) has been added as an Approved Code of Practice (ACOP).
The ACOP will be effective from 3 December 2018.
Source: WSH Bulletin
Learn more about the SS 616 at Galmon Academy
Galmon Academy designed the Managing MEWP Safety for Supervisors and WSH Professionals course for safety supervisors and WSH professionals to learn how to ensure the safe use of various types of MEWPs within their control.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify the different MEWP classifications
- Identify the different types of MEWPs and the differences between them
- Understand the safety features for MEWPs
- Understand the safety controls for MEWPs
- Selecting the appropriate MEWPs
- Understand the regulations relating to MEWP usage (Singapore Standard SS 616 : 2016)
- Understand the pre-start inspection of MEWPs
- Apply work site hazard assessment and control procedure
- Distinguish proper operation and shutdown of MEWPs
Find out more about the course and register here.
Read our previous articles on the SS 616:2016:
- The new Singapore Standard for MEWPs: What You Need to Know
- SS 616 to become an Approved Code of Practice