The course trains a demonstrator to familiarise operators with their responsibilities and demonstrate pre-operational and safe operating procedures, and the limitations of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP).
- Understand the legal requirements for management
- Understand the different machine classifications
- State the different types of MEWPs
- Understand the health and safety legislation and regulations
- Understand the limitations and use of MEWPs
- Identify controls, safety devices and warning alarms
- Perform daily/routine inspection and servicing requirements
- Set up in preparation for work
- Access ground and site conditions
- Understand the safe operating techniques
- Perform emergency lowering procedures
- Comprehend manufacturers instruction manuals
- Perform handover of equipment
- Understand different hire terms and conditions
- Discern the use of fall arrest equipment
- Globally recognised International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) Demonstrator certificate and a Powered Access Licence (PAL) Demonstrator Card
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Hold a valid IPAF PAL Operator Card
- At least 18 years of age
- Applicants should be literate
- Course duration: 8 hrs, incl 1 hr of assessment
- Passing criteria: ≥80% for written test; 100% attendance
- Mediums of instruction: English
- Government subsidy: Productivity and Innovation Credit Scheme (if applicable)
For queries, please contact us at +65 6862 2277 (ext 603) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Galmon Academy
Galmon Academy is Singapore’s first training centre dedicated to work-at-heights safety. It is an IPAF Approved Training Centre offering operator courses and training in boom lifts, scissor lifts, and the IPAF Demonstrator Course.
Click here to read more about Galmon Academy and our courses.
Should you have further queries, please contact us at +65 6862 2277 (ext 603) or email@example.com.