The course equips supervisors and managers with the skills and knowledge to prepare for and coordinate operations involving mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
After the course, trainees will be able to:
- Understand the different machine classifications
- State the different types of MEWPs
- Understand the requirements for pre-use checks and daily maintenance prior to work commencement
- understand the regulations relating to MEWP usage
- Understand the loading and unloading risks and procedures
- Understand the structural parts and MEWP selection
- Understand the MEWP personal fall protection and usage
- Understand the implications of a hire contract
- Understand the rescue plan
- Understand the safe operating methods and hazard awareness
- Globally recognised International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) certification
- Successful candidates who already hold a Powered Access Licence (PAL) for operating equipment can have the MEWPs for Managers category added to their PAL card
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- At least 18 years of age
- Applicants should be literate
- Course Fee: S$428 (incl GST)
- Course duration: 8 hrs, incl 1 hr of assessment
- Mediums of instruction: English
- Government subsidy: PIC Scheme (if applicable)
For queries, please contact us at +65 6862 2277 (ext 603) or email@example.com.
About Galmon Academy
Galmon Academy is Singapore’s first training centre dedicated to work-at-heights safety. It is an IPAF Approved Training Centre offering operator courses and training in boom lifts, scissor lifts, and the IPAF Demonstrator Course.
Click here to read more about Galmon Academy and our courses.
Should you have further queries, please contact us at +65 6862 2277 (ext 603) or firstname.lastname@example.org.