Fall from height continues to be the leading cause of fatal and major injuries throughout the years. Most of these incidents could have been prevented with proper equipment and training.
It is important that the erector fully understands what needs to be done so that towers safe for use. With the increasing usage of tower scaffold in the industries, employers have the responsibility of ensuring the personnel on site are competent and trained in using mobile towers and that the equipment is inspected and maintained properly.
It is also the duty of employers to ensure the safety and health of their employees under Section 12 of the Workplace Safety and Health Act.
The Prefabricated Access Suppliers and Manufacturers Association (PASMA) and the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers’ Academy (SISO Academy) with the support of Galmon Academy is launching a one-day PASMA Towers for Managers course.
This course is designed for personnel who have the responsibility of ensuring the personnel on site are competent and trained in using mobile towers and that the equipment is inspected and maintained properly.
At the end of this course, participants will gain an understanding of the legislative framework, setting standards and implementing best practice and the role and responsibilities in managing work at height activities with mobile access towers.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Current Legislation, Regulations and Guidance affecting work at height with mobile access towers, PASMA Code of Practice
- Overview of assembling, altering and dismantling mobile access towers
- Good practices for fall protection
- Inspection of completed mobile access towers for safe usage
- Conduct appropriate risk assessments for the task and conditions affecting the use of mobile access towers
Who Should Attend?
- WSH professionals
- Owners and operators of mobile access towers
- SISO members: S$256.80 (nett)
- Non-SISO members: S$299.60 (nett)
- CPD points: 7 SDUs
- PASMA Certificate of Competence + photo card (5-year validity)
- Certificate of Completion by SISO Academy
- Course duration: 1 day – 9am to 5pm
- Medium of instruction: English
- Venue: Galmon Academy, 37 Tuas Ave 2, S(639465)
About Galmon Academy
Galmon Academy is Singapore’s first training centre dedicated to work-at-heights safety. It is also the first PASMA training centre outside of Europe offering courses/training in mobile aluminium scaffold towers.
Click here to read more about Galmon Academy and our courses.
Should you have further queries, please contact us at +65 6862 2277 (ext 603) or firstname.lastname@example.org.