The IPAF Operate Boom Lift course equips trainees with the basic skills, knowledge and attitudes to operate boom lifts safely.
After the course, trainees will be able to:
- Selecting an appropriate mobile elevating work platform (MEWP)
- State the safety requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act, Singapore Standards for the Safe Use of MEWPs (SS 616) and the Code of Practice for Working Safely at Height related to boom lift
- Carry out pre-start inspection
- Conduct workplace hazard assessment
- Operate boom lift safely
- Be aware of the relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Be aware of accident prevention and control
- Be aware of the needs regarding personnel protection
- Be aware of the need to refer to the machine Operating Manual
- Globally recognised International Powered Access Federation (IPAF) certification
- 5-year validity
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- At least 18 years of age
- Applicants should be literate
- Course Fee: S$400 (excl GST); S$428 (incl GST)
- Course duration: 8.30am to 6pm
- Mediums of instruction: English
- Government subsidies: SkillsFuture Credits
To find out the latest course dates, contact us at:
- +65 6862 2277 (ext 603)
- +65 9635 9833
To register, complete this registration form and send it back to us.
About Galmon Academy
Galmon Academy is Singapore’s first training centre dedicated to work-at-heights safety. It is an IPAF Approved Training Centre offering operator courses and training in boom lifts, scissor lifts, and the IPAF Demonstrator Course.
Click here to read more about Galmon Academy and our courses.